The Basic Qualifications and Expectations are the same for this position as for the others (see “Essential Expectations”). Though Emandal is a farm, we operate primarily as a guest facility, and the work required reflects this. The Office Administrator/Registrar is the first point of contact for new and returning guests. This person will handle all registration responsibilities: posting registration dates, maintaining registration files, processing credit card payments, tracking related reservations, etc. In addition, the administrator will maintain spreadsheets for tax purposes, assist with cabin assignments, troubleshoot last minute requests, and maintain the website and social media. Assisting with staffing the farm, from posting to hiring, and everything in between is also a primary function of the Office Administrator.
As the Office Administrator/Registrar you will be asked to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, those listed below in order to ensure our programs are successful. Your goal, along with the rest of Emandal’s staff, will be to do what needs to be done to ensure a delightful experience for Emandal’s guests. The Administrator works in tandem with the Keeper of the Farm, Tamara Adams.
Main Responsibilities – Guest Relations and Office Administration
- Accurately prepare, maintain and distribute all spreadsheets, calendars, schedules, etc. as necessary.
- Willingness to learn and thoroughly understand all of Emandal’s policies and procedures, and reservation software.
- Provide excellent customer service and communication by phone and through email.
- Process checks, credit cards, invoices, and other accounting records. Maintain guest database.
Preferred Knowledge and Skill Sets
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; ability to effectively deal with all members of the public in a courteous and tactful manner; ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers
- Working knowledge of office procedures, practices and terminology
- Basic knowledge of bookkeeping techniques
- Strong computer skills including the ability to create documents in Excel and Word, and effectively use WordPress for website updates. Plus the ability to understand and quickly learn other programs, i.e. the reservation software.
- Ability to work with a high level of detail, to prioritize multiple tasks, and to deal effectively with interruptions; ability to change direction and rearrange tasks according to deadlines and circumstance.
Hiring Dates and Application
January-March: Seasonal Full Time / Possible remote work from your own office/home
Compensation: To be determined
We will accept applications beginning November 15, 2018, with anticipated start date January 5, 2019.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please complete the online form, being sure to attach your resume and a page describing your qualifications and reasons for wanting to work in this position at Emandal.
After reading all that’s on the website and if you would like more specific information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org