ONLINE APPLICATION NOW AVAILABLE!
The Basic Qualifications and Expectations are the same for this position as for the others (see “Essential Expectations”). Though Emandal is a farm, we operate primarily as a guest facility, and the work required reflects this. This is a great job for someone who is a people-person and is also not afraid of physical, sometimes behind the scenes work; who wants a break from school or a sedentary job; and who understands the importance of flexibility and of working as part of a team to deliver the most outstanding guest experience possible.
Seasonal Support Staff are integral to the day to day operations at Emandal. Our Family Camp, Group Rentals and Events programs are centered around food and the kitchen, and therefore that is where most of staff time will be spent. This will include meal prep, dining hall setup, some serving, and, of course, lots of dishes. In addition, Seasonal Support Staff are responsible for weekly cabin cleaning, setup and laundry. You may also find yourself helping with animal chores, packing pickles, roasting coffee, picking berries or churning ice cream.
- Meal Prep: slicing vegetables, washing lettuce, setting up dining room, assisting with pizza night (dough shaping, topping), ice cream churning, etc.
- Food Server: our meals are served family or buffet style, so it’s a simpler food service, but still requires a sunny personality, attention to detail and the desire to act as a “dining host” at each meal.
- Kitchen and Dining Room Cleaning: washing dishes, putting away food, sweeping and mopping kitchen and dining room, taking out pig slop and compost, etc.
- Housekeeping: cleaning and setting up cabins for guests, cleaning bathrooms, laundry, etc.
- Animals: feeding and care; leading animal chores with guests in such a way that is both fun and educational
- Garden: Apple picking, berry picking, harvesting herbs, peeling garlic and onions, etc.
Other Possible Responsibilities (as needed)
- Office & Store: office duties including guest check in, store sales
- Facilities: various farm and property maintenance projects
- Garden: gardening assistance such as planting, weeding and harvesting
Minimum $250/week, plus room and board. Tips during Family Camp/Groups.
40 hours a week; 5 or 5.5 days per week depending upon business needs. Holidays and weekends required. Please note we generally cannot approve extended vacation time (i.e. more than your usual days off) for our staff during the program season due to the demands of our business as well as our staffing levels.
We do not allow overtime for financial reasons, but more importantly, because we want our staff to enjoy the farm amenities and its surroundings to the fullest extent when not working. Our goal is to ensure that working at Emandal is more than just a job – we want each of our staff to have an adventure.
2018 Dates of Employment
(5-8) Full Season: May 20 – October 6, 2018 (1-2) Partial Season: July 8-August 18, 2018
(Does not apply to partial season workers) All Emandal staff will be required to attend our 2 week staff training. Training topics will include guest relations policies and techniques; kitchen, facilities and housekeeping foundation skills; Emandal history, policies and procedures; animal feeding and basic care; garden harvesting procedures, etc. Applicants who cannot attend this training in its entirety will not be considered.
Hiring Dates and Application Accepting applications NOW for Partial Season Workers
We will accept applications January 1, 2018 – March 31, 2018, later for partial Season Workers. We hire on a rolling basis, so the sooner you return your COMPLETE application package (see below) to us, the better your chances for being considered.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please complete the application, and be sure to attach your resume and a cover letter describing your qualifications and reasons for wanting to work in this position at Emandal.