The Basic Qualifications and Expectations are the same for this position as for the others (see “Essential Expectations”). Though Emandal is a farm, we operate primarily as a guest facility, and the work required reflects this. The Guest Relations-Staff Coordinator is an ambassador of Emandal, often acting as the first point of contact with guests, and the person fulfilling this position is expected to provide outstanding front desk, reservations and concierge service. Therefore the ideal candidate will have had prior front desk experience in a hospitality environment, or at the very least, be a people person with office administrative experience. This position is integral to Emandal’s day to day operations and the person is responsible for disseminating clear and concise information to all guests and co-workers, as well as performing all office-related duties to ensure accurate and efficient operations. This person also won’t mind farm and resort work (such as housekeeping duties and animal care), as this position often assists the Seasonal Support staff team with their duties, as well as scheduling.
As the Guest Relations-Staff Coordinator at Emandal you will be asked to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, those listed below in order to ensure our programs are successful – which means you won’t be spending all of your time in the office! Your goal, along with the rest of Emandal’s staff, will be to do what needs to be done to ensure a delightful experience for Emandal’s guests.
Main Responsibilities – Guest Relations and Staff Coordination:
- Provide a seamless, courteous and professional check-in/check-out experience
- Accurately answer phone inquiries, and respond to fax, email, and written mail in a timely manner. Sort and distribute all incoming mail.
- Assist guests throughout their stay. This includes, but is not limited to: ensuring immediate response is given to any and all guest comments and concerns, and assisting guests with store purchases, internet and other needs. Capable of resolving conflict in a positive manner
- Accurately prepare, maintain and distribute all spreadsheets, calendars, schedules, etc. as necessary
- Willingness to learn and thoroughly understand all of Emandal’s policies and procedures, and reservation software
- Assist with the coordination/oversight of all housekeeping and laundry functions
Other Responsibilities (in conjunction with the Support Staff Team):
- Meal Prep: slicing vegetables, washing lettuce, setting up dining room, assisting with pizza night (dough shaping, topping), ice cream churning, etc.
- Food Server: our meals are served family or buffet style, so it’s a simpler food service, but still requires a sunny personality, attention to detail and the desire to act as a “dining host” at each meal.
- Kitchen and Dining Room Cleaning: washing dishes, putting away food, sweeping and mopping kitchen and dining room, taking out pig slop and compost, etc.
- Housekeeping: cleaning and setting up cabins for guests, cleaning bathrooms, laundry, etc.
- Animals: feeding and care; leading animal chores with guests in such a way that is both fun and educational
- Garden: Apple picking, berry picking, harvesting herbs, peeling garlic and onions, etc.
- Facilities: Various farm maintenance projects as needed and time permitting
40 hours a week; 5 or 5.5 days per week depending upon business needs. Holidays and weekends required. Please note we generally cannot approve extended vacation time (i.e. more than your usual days off) for our staff during the program season due to the demands of our business as well as our staffing levels.
We do not allow overtime for financial reasons, but more importantly, because we want our staff to enjoy the farm amenities and its surroundings to the fullest extent when not working. Our goal is to ensure that working at Emandal is more than just a job – we want each of our staff to have an adventure.
Family Camp/Group schedule (early June – mid-September): 5.5 days, weekends and Holidays required
Minimum $325/week, plus room and board. Tips during Family Camp/Groups.
Dates of Employment
(1) Full Season: May 1, 2019 – October 12, 2019
End date in particular may be flexible dependent on needs of the business and staff member. Please check with us prior to applying.
All 2019 Emandal staff will be required to attend our 2 week staff training. Training topics will include guest relations policies and techniques; kitchen, facilities and housekeeping foundation skills; Emandal history, policies and procedures; animal feeding and basic care; garden harvesting procedures, etc. Applicants who cannot attend this training in its entirety will not be considered.
Hiring Dates and Application
We will accept applications beginning December 26, 2018. We hire on a rolling basis, so the sooner you return your COMPLETE application package (see below) to us, the better your chances for being considered.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please complete the online form, being sure to attach your resume and a page describing your qualifications and reasons for wanting to work in this position at Emandal.